Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Aim for the moon ...

... because if you miss, you may hit a star. -- W. Clement Stone

The purpose of life, if you ask me, is not so difficult to discern. The way I see it, it's to have dreams and try to make those dreams come true.

However, it's important to realize that the collection of dreams you have is not set in stone. Some will turn out to be unreachable -- this we have to face. Some will eventually be reached, whether in a matter of weeks, or over the course of several years. And, what's most important, new ones will flare up. And it's not just dreams coming true that make you happy, it's just as much the journey itself that can be rewarding.

In my life, I have seen a couple of major dreams realized in the last few years. The two most important ones are having a family, and getting a job as a game software developer. The next dream I'm chasing is that of finding a safe and comfortable place to spend the rest of my life. I even got a relatively new one to enjoy: to some day be able to make money from drawing and painting.

I look forward to chasing them, even if I might not succeed.

No comments: